For the one who loves to take great care of him/herself!
If you’re following the series in this blog, we’ve started discussing what you can give for Christmas to support the health and homes of your friends and family! Each post in this series has a few gift suggestions from Young Living’s 2015 Holiday Catalog and a simply DIY project/homemade gift recipe!
This post is for that person you know who loves to care for his/her body. It’s full of ways to make him or her feel pampered and well-taken care of. Great for anyone who fits this bill, not just the women in your life!
From the Holiday Catalog we have the following great options:
And if you’d rather make a gift: try these Homemade Shower Disks!
Homemade Essential Oils Shower Disks
(makes 12 disks)
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Young Living Essential Oils (R.C., Eucalyptus, Raven, Ravintsara, etc.)
Follow these directions:
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda and cornstarch well. Add water and mix until smooth and all the clumps are dissolved.
- Line muffin tin with silicone or aluminum liners and add about 1 tablespoon mixture to each liner.
- Let dry overnight or in the oven for 20 minutes at 350ºF.
- When dry, remove from liners and add 4-5 drops essential oil to the center of the disk. Store in airtight container.
Place a disk in the shower and turn on the hot water. Make sure the disk isn’t in the direct stream of water. The steam should help release the essential oils into the air.